When you need medical care, you want to know the care you receive will be both safe and effective.
At Lexington Medical Center, the health care professionals in the Center for Quality Outcomes contribute to a system-wide approach to achieving excellence in patient outcomes and quality patient care. The National Association for Healthcare Quality recognizes October 18-24 as Healthcare Quality Week—a time to reflect on the impact of quality on the safety and well-being of our patients. Quality matters in health care because lives are at stake.
Quality Achievements at Lexington Medical Center include:
- First in the state to achieve the American College of Cardiology’s Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation in 2020
- Recognition by BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina as Blue Distinction Center for five specialties of care
- Recognition by the American Heart Association for quality of care for six specialties and initiatives
- Recognized as a Center of Excellence for six distinctions
- Reduction in Surgical Site Infections with the implementation of bundle care
Achieving these patient care outcomes requires the leadership, focused effort and methodical approach of our Quality Outcomes team.
What does the Quality Outcomes team do?
- Evaluates and trends documentation of patient care to identify and recognize:
- Outstanding patient care outcomes
- Publicly reported care outcomes
- Opportunities to improve patient care
- Compliance with regulatory requirements and evidence-based practice standards
- Reimbursement for quality care
- Facilitates performance, process and quality improvement activities for Lexington Medical Center and the medical staff
- Promotes standards of care to achieve safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient and equitable patient care and excellence in outcomes
We salute the Quality Outcomes team and all those across our organization who work tirelessly year-round to ensure we deliver the best care possible.