Congratulations to Tina Finders of Lexington Medical Center’s Nutrition Services department.
She appeared on WIS with news anchor Dawndy Mercer-Plank after winning the TV station’s “Big Game Cooking Contest” leading up to Superbowl Sunday with the delicious “Tina’s Touchdown Taco Dip.”
Here’s Tina’s recipe:
TINA’S TOUCHDOWN TACO DIP
2-8oz packages of cream cheese – room temperature
1-16 oz container French Onion Dip
1-lb ground beef
1 pkg taco seasoning
2 cups salsa-mild to hot; depending on how hot you want it
1-8oz bag finely shredded cheese (4 cheese Mexican)
3-tablespoons green onions – sliced Tortilla Chips or Corn Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 13×9 baking pan with cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl mix together cream cheese and French onion dip. Stir well, making sure any large lumps of cream cheese are broken up. Spread mixture into the bottom of the baking pan and set aside.
4. In a large skillet; brown and drain ground beef.
5. Add taco seasoning to cooked ground beef and mix well.
6. Spread ground beef over cream cheese and French onion dip mixture.
7. Pour salsa over evenly.
8. Top salsa with shredded cheese and green onions.
9. Bake uncovered until bubbly all around and in the middle, about 20-30 min. 10. Remove from the oven and dig in with your favorite chips for dipping.
*This recipe can also be made in a healthier version by using low fat cream cheese, lite french onion dip, ground turkey, low-fat cheese, and baked chips.